Posted: 3rd March 2022
Employer Name: Cousins Group (Subcontractor)
Base of Work: London
Hours: Monday-Friday 8-4.30 Total 40hrs
Wage/Salary: National Minimum Wage (Depending on age)
Contact Details: Sheree Lees
Recruitment Process: CVs to be sent to email@example.com
First interview to be held over Microsoft Teams, with successful applicants attending a second interview on Site or Vauxhall office.
Requirement: CSCS Card & Painting experience/Qualification
Job Purpose Summary:
To work as part of the site-based team of skilled tradespeople providing painting and decorating support.
- Preparation to all surfaces including walls and woodwork (rubbing down, scraping, using sandpaper and removing old paint)
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right colour or texture
- Apply paints to ceiling, wall areas and all woodwork according to instructions with various tools
- Apply specialist coatings to areas including internal and external floors, walls, ceilings.
- Measure and calculate areas for paint coverage.
- Assist with reading instructions, specification and examining surfaces to determine work required.
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met.
- Build on-site preparations such as scaffolding or covering fixtures.
- To carry out any tasks within the employee’s skill and ability.
- Willing to learn a new trade and skills for painting techniques
- Capacity to develop knowledge of painting materials and how to select, mix and apply them.
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, sandpaper etc)
- Manual dexterity to balance on scaffolding and ladders
- Ability to work at height or in dusty environments (appropriate PPE provided)
- Good level of Maths and English
All equipment & PPE will be provided.
Training will be provided for all aspects of the role and tasks undertaken. They will be joining a company with proven track record of successful projects in London & South East.
Currently studying towards a Diploma / NVQ in Painting & Decorating or would like to commence an apprenticeship/college attendance.