Fire Protection Supervisor
Posted: 13th October 2021
Job Title: Fire Protection Supervisor
Base of Work: Eversley, Hampshire
Job Purpose Summary:
To supervise, manage and sign off works for a team of installers carrying out passive fire stopping work both internally and externally, installation of fire signage, installation & inspections of fire doors and other general fire stopping works and repairs identified by Fire Risk Assessments.
Description Of Duties:
- Must be an accredited supervisor to UKAS accreditation level such as BM Trada or FIRAS.
- Must have experience supervising a variety of fire stopping techniques such a fire collars, installation of fire cushions, pipe trays and batt and fire mastic.
- Must be able to supervise installations in accordance with the specific tasks such as BS476 part2 and ISO6944;
- Must have knowledge of relevant standards and guidance such as BS 9999: 2017. Fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
- Must have experience in carrying out alteration cases and reinstating walls creating fire resistant compartmentation in line with Approved Document B 2010.
- Must be able to supervise the use fire rated materials correctly in accordance with manufacturers recommendation to ensure products are effective
- Must have experience with reading and interpreting Fire Risk Assessments.
- Undertake associated duties as agreed in the flexible working agreement in order to contribute to groups ‘one job one visit’ objective.
- Plan and organise work in an economical and effective manor, making the best use of your available time, plant, transport and materials in accordance with specified company priority response times.
- To operate within a scheduled appointment system including liaison with customers, other team members in order to effectively undertake the works.
- Manage materials as effectively as possible with regards to minimising waste, choice of specification and logistics.
- Use a company issued PDA where provided to carry out the job role. e.g. receiving instructions, accurately completing works orders, general communications and ordering materials. Where there is a requirement complete any necessary paperwork related to the repair.
- Take ownership for each repair updating the customer with reasons when it is not possible to complete a repair. Refer to the call centre / supervisor agree arrangements with customer to complete the repair.
- To drive company vehicles in a careful professional manner and take care of your allocated vehicle by completing weekly inspections and weekly cleaning of vehicle, in accordance with all company procedures.
- Maintain and operate an agreed range of stock and equipment within the vehicle provided.
- Develop excellent relationships with tenants / leaseholders and other stakeholders whilst providing the works service
- Interact with the other contractors to ensure that repairs are met by the appropriate team and that the customer is always aware who is carrying out the repair.
- Undertake individual or corporate training and development in association with your role and duties.
- Liaise as required with customer services advisors, other area of the business or contractors to ensure the work is properly co-ordinated and the necessary works are fully completed.
- Ensure the compliance of all minimum standards of work, customer care requirements and key performance measures in undertaking the role.
- Ensure the observance of all statutory and local safety, health and environmental precautions and report immediately any accidents or breaches of safety procedures to your line manager in accordance with the company policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant accreditation for fire stopping / fire door installation / fire door maintenance from either BM Trada or Firas
- Relevant building qualification NVQ2 or city in guilds, and / or membership of a professional body in your specific trade
- Working knowledge of any secondary or general trade skill set
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in fire protection in a comparable organisation including delivering services in a customer-focused environment setting.
- A manual driving licence- van will be provided by the client.
Knowledge And Experience
- Ability to work to deadlines in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Able to demonstrate exercising good judgement in the workplace
- Highly motivated
- Solution oriented
- A flexible approach to working
- A high degree of confidentiality, trust, and reliability always
- Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice, and best value in all aspects of the DLOs operations