PROJECT TASKS AND CHALLENGES
The scope of work included decoration to walls, ceilings, floors, and joinery throughout the newly built education facility.
Surface finishes included:
- Dulux Diamond Satin Wood and Dulux Diamond Matt to plasterboard surfaces, blockwork, and concrete surfaces.
- FlowCrete Flowcoat SF41, a high-performance floor coating with anti-slip properties to concrete floors.
- Sikafloor Proseal Pro, a dust proofer and sealer to increase surface strength and wearability.
- Kiem Lotexan, a water repellent and dust suppressant applied to internal exposed concrete substrates.
- Kiem Concretal Lasur, acting as a stain that penetrates the surface of concrete, equalising colour variations and blemishes.
- Polyurethane Lacquer applied to protect timber surfaces.
- SecilTek Silicate Paint, a breathable and durable water-based paint applied to clay plasterwork substrates.
As our work progressed, internal furnishings were being installed before our team had applied topcoats, so this made it difficult for us to move our equipment around and paint certain areas. Covid-19 also presented us with some difficulties, but our teams worked together and adapted to the challenges, for which we are extremely grateful for.